I was surprised to see the report from Mandiant that states the following facts -
- Provide a brief overview and history of your organization, highlighting specific experience in projects of this type. Key individual expertise should be set forth in detail.
- Describe the organizational structure of your company and provide the following information:
- A corporate organizational chart, including subsidiaries, affiliates, list of the board of directors, list of key personnel
b. The total number of W-2 employees
I was not surprised to see a report from Mandiant that said the following -
- 100% of the breaches had updated Anti-Virus software
- 63% of the breaches were reported by third parties
- It took 243 days to detect an attack
It is very clear that existing monitoring capabilities are no match for the changing threat landscape. The traditional technologies lack the sophisticated capabilities and visibility required to detect and protect against such advanced attacks.
So what is the problem ? and what are the options ?